In order for HTC to achieve its purpose, the following objectives have been developed:
- To develop a growing, maturing relationship with God in prayer, study of the Scriptures, meditation and worship.
- To apply the truths of Scripture consistently to one’s life and ministry.
- To develop and use one’s spiritual gifts for effective service to Christ, the Church and the world.
- To develop skills essential for an effective ministry.
- To develop a burden for the spiritual needs of the world.
- To develop a zeal for communicating the Word of God to others.
- To encourage a rigorous knowledge of the Bible
- To provide the skills of personal Bible study
- To teach and apply the art and science of hermeneutics
- To develop an understanding of systematic and biblical theology
- To apply a thoroughly biblical worldview
- To address contemporary theological issues and evaluate them
- To demonstrate how to define, justify, and defend the Christian faith
- To provide a knowledge of the historical development of theology and the Church
- To develop a principled approach to pastoral, educational, and outreach ministries.
- To assist pastors, evangelists, or lay leaders in local churches
- To support para-church ministries and strengthen local churches
- To encourage Bible teaching in local schools and in government-related ministries
- To help Christians in society become more effective at being salt and light in the world.