After a difficult start to the year, HTC has launched its new curriculum and we have been greatly encouraged by the interest it has generated. For those of you who haven’t yet heard, we have made a number of changes to the Diploma and Foundational Certificate programmes (as shown below). We will now be offering students 5 terms of classes over the course of the year. Each term will be 8 weeks long with a one week break between terms. Students will now be able to obtain a Diploma in Theology in just 2 years! The academic year will be divided into 2 semesters. These measures are being taken because we are planning to offer a Degree in Theology in the near future. For those of you who are currently enrolled at HTC, you will receive full credit towards the new programme.
Term 2 will commence on Monday 25 March 2019. Don’t miss out on enrolment!
- The university system in Zimbabwe operates on a semesterised calendar, hence we intend to adopt this approach to facilitate the option of offering a Degree in Theology in the near future.
- We will now be offering courses over 2 semesters. Each semester has been broken into two terms, and we will be offering a 5th term in the winter break between semesters to accommodate students who want to get their Diploma in 2 years.
- The Diploma in Theology now requires an extra 4 courses to the old Diploma. These amendments have been made in compliance with the Ministry of Higher Education. But with the extra 2 terms per year, students will now be able to complete their studies in less time.
- Students who have already completed the old OT and NT survey courses will receive full credit for OT Survey 1 & 2, and NT Survey 1 & 2 respectively.
- A few courses have been discontinued including Research Writing, Christian Ethics, Pastoral Care & Counselling 2, Expository Preaching 2, Hermeneutics 2, Greek 2B-3B, and Hebrew 2B-3B.
- The Foundational Certificate in Biblical Studies is now 7 courses because OT and NT survey have been extended over 2 terms.
- The Foundational Certificate in Theology builds on the Foundational Certificate in Biblical Studies. Students who have the Foundational Certificate in Biblical Studies now only need to take 3 more courses to obtain the Foundational Certificate in Theology (10 courses). Here we encourage students to choose courses that best suit their ministry needs to make up their Foundational Certificate in Theology.
- Students who are interested in obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from SATS can still take their first 10 courses with us at HTC, after which they will receive credit towards their Degree in Theology with SATS.
- Group discounts are available for groups larger than 10.
Check out the schedule for the first semester here. Be sure to sign-up asap!
If you are new to Harare Theological College, find out more about us here.